Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager (GM) with all aspects of running Daily Mews. This includes opening and closing the business, managing point of sales operations, cat lounge check-ins, selling beverages and pre-packed food, retail boutique sales, curating products for retail sale, managing inventories, restocking and various other core business activities. The Assistant GM has many or all of the responsibilities of the GM, especially whenever the GM is not on site.
This position requires 30-40 hours per week and will have a competitive market salary and a bonus/incentives plan. References and background check required.
Who you are:
• We are seeking a personable, professional and sales-oriented individual with attention to detail and willingness to handle the significant responsibilities of a complex small business.
• The right person for this role will be reliable and committed, with a passion for animal welfare.
• He or she should be comfortable interfacing with the public in a heavy customer flow environment.
• He or she should be able to oversee employees, manage scheduling and staffing support and handle conflict resolution should the need arise.
• Customer interface, including sales transactions, reservations and payments processing and light food and beverage service.
• Daily store operations, including opening and closing the register and updating daily accounts.
• Inventory management, including daily sales and inventory reporting and data upload management, receiving and inspecting supplier shipments, fulfilling online orders and shipping and ordering supplies.
• Oversight of social media marketing accounts for the business.
• Management of employees, including cat care room managers and cat wranglers.
• Handle employee time schedules and backfill emergency staffing issues, delegate responsibilities as appropriate and monitor follow-through.
• Monitor work responsibilities and workplace policy compliance.
• Report to business owners any workplace, regulatory, customer or employee concerns or issues.
• Manage general maintenance and cleanliness of café and retail space.
• Ability to adhere to business policies and State, County and City regulations is required.
• The Assistant GM, if acting as the lead employee onsite at the time, will be responsible for NC State Dept. of Agriculture Animal Welfare inspections and record keeping compliance. Also, if lead employee on site, responsible for Alcohol & Beverage Commission (ABC) regulatory compliance, record keeping and unannounced ABC, CMPD or other agency inspections. Willingness to complete a once annual ABC awareness training session required.
Qualifications and experience:
• 3-5 years management experience in a customer facing or retail management services environment preferred.
• Similar experience in law enforcement or military/veteran service, also preferred.
• Knowledge and direct experience with inventory management, staffing oversight, POS support, bookkeeping and accounting management.
• Experience with online internet sales management and fulfillment.
• Formal post-high school education coursework/certifications, civil or military service or a degree in business management, retail management or related fields will be a significant job qualification consideration.
• The ability to manage the sales counter including checking in guests, serving beverages and pre-packed food items and retail merchandise in a heavy customer flow environment.
• Able to lift and carry merchandise, supplies, coffee and tea carafes/dispensers and paper packaged goods.
• Able to quickly restock bulky items including canned and bottled beverages from the retail support store room.
• Able to lift and carry up to 15-25 pounds or more repeatedly.