THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to serve as the trusted strategic counsel to executives (SVP and higher) and their teams, identifying communications needs and developing integrated communications plans and enterprise messaging. This includes responsibility for the delivery of comprehensive internal communications that are tied to the needs of the business and enterprise-wide strategic goals. This role is critical to Lowe’s because it serves as a strategic conduit between the business and employees.
• Creates integrated communication plans that are aligned with enterprise strategy, upcoming business deliverables and initiatives and ensures that communications are developed, approved and sent on time and on budget.
• Provides thought leadership in corporate communications strategy and develops comprehensive communications plans, including both internal and external elements.
• Recommends corporate communication strategies to executives and ensures messaging from VPs and above is delivered from and to all appropriate levels.
• Directs the development and delivery of formal communications to the entire corporation through all multimedia platforms.
• Advocates for all employees during the development and roll-out of employee-facing communications.
• Manages cross-functional relationships across the business to ensure seamless collaboration with others including Sales and Ops Communications, Public Relations, Investor Relations, BTV, LOE, Compensation, HR and IT.
• Approves communications and supervises the project management of special communication projects and initiatives.
• Is entrusted with confidential and sensitive company information.
• Bachelor’s Degree English, Journalism, Television/Media, Communications.
• 5 years of Corporate Communications, Journalism or Public Relations experience.
• Master’s Degree in Business, Journalism or Communications.
• 2 years of operations experience.
• 5 years of people management/supervisory experience.
• 10 years of corporate communications, television or public relations experience.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.