As an extension of our Medspa Urban Skin Solutions, our product brand is a skin care collection for problematic skin issues for darker skin tones sold online and through retail in the United States. Founded by Rachel Roff, we are melanin experts with over 30 skus currently sold and rapidly growing.
Urban Skin Rx is looking for an experienced full-time Staff Accountant to add to its team. This person will perform day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping functions, be familiar with manufacturing accounting and be able to work well in a team environment while being a self-starter taking ownership of individual tasks and responsibilities. Salary to be paid commensurate with experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Work individually and with team on financial process improvements and financial implications of strategic business decisions.
• Tracking and adjustments to Works in Process, Finished Goods and Raw Materials.
• Maintain BOMs (Bill of Materials) for all brand skus.
• Issue all POs for all raw materials, parts and services.
• Publish reports to brand team weekly and monthly (Inventory weekly) (Accounts Receivable and Payables monthly).
• Conduct Analysis for YOY performance.
• Track COGS on all skus.
• Reconcile all paperwork (POs, invoices, packing slips, receiving reports, invoices).
• Pay invoices.
• Reconcile bank accounts.
• Create budgets (quarterly and annual).
• Maintain digital and paper files.
• Manage merchant account and chargebacks for reconciliation.
• Prepare and oversee sales tax payments.
• Work with 3rd party accountant on tax preparation.
• Thorough understanding of manufacturing bookkeeping and accounting.
• Demonstrate superior time management, organizational and prioritization skills showing strong level of proficiency and productivity.
• Communicate clearly, professionally and appropriately.
• Positive attitude, work ethic and ability to multi-task.
• Complete work in a timely manner and ensure accuracy of data.
• Flexibility with interruptions and fast-paced and changing environment.
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• 3+ years of relevant accounting and bookkeeping experience, especially with manufacturing organizations and retail distribution (internships can count as part of years of experience).
• Bachelor’s degree (in Accounting) required.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products, Excel and Quickbooks.
Email resume and salary history and expectations to email@example.com.