THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
This position will have primary responsibilities for managing marketing and communications for Belk College of Business Graduate Programs at UNC Charlotte.
Supervised by the Assistant Director of Marketing for the College, the Marketing and Communications Manager is a key contributor to the External Relations team and is responsible for managing the execution of a variety of marketing and communications projects that raise awareness and facilitate lead generation for the Belk College’s Graduate Programs. This position will work to contribute to the graduate program recruitment goals.
This position will perform a range of a public communications and marketing related work that involves internal and external marketing and communications efforts including market, material and project research, planning, designing and managing programs and projects. Work involves initiating, developing and maintaining working relationships with key internal and external individuals and organizations.
The Marketing and Communication Manager is a member of the External Relations team and will need to work closely with team members and faculty, staff and leadership in order to achieve results. He/she may be required to perform additional marketing and communications duties as part of the External Relations team.
Dutie include but are not limited to:
• Plan, organize, manage and implement Belk College marketing projects from beginning to end, ranging from simple single items to multifaceted, multi-channel marketing campaigns.
• Develop marketing materials for new programs and maintain/enhance materials for existing programs when appropriate for both Belk College Graduate Programs.
• Seek, develop and distribute original and solicited content, including message for letters, articles, blog posts, social posts, etc.
• Coordinate rankings reports/campaigns, including distribution of college materials to key stakeholders and public sharing for broad awareness.
• Work with creative partners (vendors, university) to produce high-quality communications about Belk College Graduate Programs.
• Leverage technical marketing resources to plan, coordinate and manage email and digital messaging. Tools to include but not limited to; Drupal web content management system, Salesforce Customer Relationship Management System (CRM), social media management, Basecamp, InDesign, Photoshop and Act-On email marketing application.
• Work with multimedia specialists and photographers for strategic productions.
• Serve as subject matter expert for email marketing scheduling, content and usage.
• As a key liaison to Graduate Programs staff, execute key marketing and communications strategies that contribute to brand awareness and recruitment goals while integrating with the overall goals and strategy of the Belk College External Relations team.
• Work with Executive Director of External Relations and Assistant Director of Marketing to understand and prioritize the expectations and goals of respective areas of responsibility.
• Manage and execute short and long-term marketing plans.
• Supports event planning, coordination and execution.
• Deploys communications tactics in both offline and online tactical methods.
• Monitors and analyzes project metrics for continual quality enhancement.
• Identifies emerging trends, monitors student insights, competitive landscape and societal trends to ensure the Belk College marketing efforts are advancing the programs and brand.
• Develop reports on social media, website, digital marketing and out-of-home marketing campaigns.
• Create web content (including copy, layout and graphic elements) and help manage/maintain/analyze 10+ Belk College websites via CMS (Drupal).
• Manage digital marketing partners using search, retargeting, display and social media advertising.
• Write and edit messages from college leadership to distribute to key stakeholders and the public.
• Collaborate with creative agencies to develop new branding for emerging programs including brochures, print ads, digital ads, website graphics and messaging.
• Source information about graduate-level education and current industry news.
Education, skills and experience:
• Graduation from a 4 year college or university with a major in a closely related field.
• 2 years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities needed in the area of assignment or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Higher education experience is preferred.
• Must have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and social media management tools.
• Web content management system experience preferred (Drupal preferred).
• Exceptional user-focused writing and editing skills, strong grammar and communication skills.
• Ability to analyze information, formulate work plans and articulate goals.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work while managing multiple deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, high degree of accuracy and ability to multitask.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, internet applications and email marketing applications.
• Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
• Ability and willingness to travel to various work and event locations.
$46,773 – $51,970.