Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally’s legacy dates back to 1919 and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
The Director, Corporate Philanthropy will provide day-to-day oversight of Ally’s corporate philanthropy program and will support the Senior Director of Corporate Citizenship in developing and executing the strategy for our corporate citizenship efforts. The Director will manage a small team.
Corporate Citizenship is responsible for advancing and promoting Ally’s corporate social responsibility efforts. As part of this work, the Corporate Citizenship team manages the creation and execution of strategic programs for the Ally’s financial literacy program, corporate giving initiatives and employee giving/volunteerism programs. Corporate Citizenship also maintains the relationship between Ally and key nonprofit partners.
• Develop and drive strategy for corporate philanthropy program and provide day-to-day program oversight/project management.
• Showcase business value for Corporate Citizenship through impact measurement.
• Develop, manage and improve processes for corporate and employee giving. Assist with building strong, trusting relationships with key stakeholders such as community organizations, consumers and employees.
• Represent Ally at community events.
• Oversee team that manages Volunteer LEADers and community events.
• Create and oversee budget reporting and analytics.
• Execute grant requests.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus.
• 10+ years related experience.
• Strong understanding of financial literacy concepts and terminology.
• Strong work ethic, willingness to travel and desire for continual learning.
• Process focus with proven ability to develop and improve processes.
• Analytical focus with ability to analyze budget reporting.
• Substantial experience in public speaking, including gathering, preparing and presenting information to the public or media.
• Experience in developing, planning and directing corporate giving, campaigns, programs or services to meet community needs.
• Certification in GRI reporting a plus.
• Certification in Integrated Reporting a plus.
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Total rewards information:
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally’s Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work and outside of it and includes the following.
• Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions.
• Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards.
• Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision.
• Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions.
• Pre-tax commuter benefits.
• Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.