Part-Time Development Manager
Born from intimate living room jam sessions in the 1980’s, Tosco Music Parties have grown into popular community concerts at Knight Theater 5 times each year. Nationally recognized acts share the stage with undiscovered artists and audience members are invited to sing along throughout the evening. Since incorporating in 1999 as a nonprofit organization, Tosco Music has expanded its impact with a variety of outreach programs. From music parties and open mic nights, to music scholarships and ticket access programs and music events throughout the community, Tosco Music is dedicated to helping the community explore, develop and share their passion for music in all its forms.
Tosco Music has become an integral part of the Charlotte arts landscape as a primarily volunteer-based organization and is currently strengthening its administrative infrastructure by hiring new positions to support our long term vision and strategic growth plan.
Tosco Music is seeking to hire a Development Manager to implement all aspects of the Development Plan with support from the Administrative & Communications Coordinator. The Development Manager will establish this new position to drive strategic fundraising initiatives and will be responsible for implementing all aspects of the development plan with support from the Administrative & Communications Coordinator. This part-time position is office based at 20-25 hours per week with occasional evening and weekend hours for music parties and donor events as needed and some flexibility to work remotely once the role is established.
The Development Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors on development revenue goals. Demonstrated success with increasing sponsorships and donor programs for a nonprofit organization is essential for this position. The Development Manager position has potential to grow in terms of hours, responsibility and compensation as development and organizational goals are achieved.
• Identify prospects – utilize existing research and facilitate ongoing inquiry using CRM records and Board and donor relationships to maintain dynamic list of sponsorship prospects.
• Cultivate relationships – facilitate introductory meetings and initiate sponsorship opportunities with prospects, identifying prospects’ needs and preferences.
• Execute requests – craft customized sponsorship opportunities in coordination with Executive Director and Board Marketing & Communications Committee, be the lead solicitor and actively make “asks”.
• Manage benefit fulfillment to steward sponsor relationships.
• Obtain sponsorship revenue according to identified benchmarks.
Major donor development
• Stewardship of current Living Room Society (LRS) Donor relationships.
• Major Donor events – coordinate VIP Lounge and LRS Appreciation Gatherings.
• Expand LRS – identify prospects and cultivate new major donor relationships, actively pursue and solicit prospects.
• Grants – identify funding opportunities to strengthen infrastructure and sustain or expand programming and manage application processes and reporting requirements with support from Administrative & Communications Coordinator
• CRM – manage donor database and utilize records to identify sponsor and major donor prospects and inform marketing efforts, with support from Database Contractor and Administrative & Communications Coordinator.
• Manage development operations and Administrative & Communications Coordinator to assure accurate and timely Member and Donor recognition (website and program), acknowledgements, thank you and renewal letters for all financial and in-kind donations.
• Increased ticket sales and memberships (in conjunction with Administrative & Communications Coordinator).
• Website – create content for consistent news posts, make routine updates to event, membership and news information, coordinate with contractor for other updates as needed.
• Collateral promotional materials – distribute to online calendars to support event promotion/ticket sales, coordinate with contractors to obtain updated collateral material for new events as needed and according to required specifications and deadline, coordinate with volunteers to distribute flyers and posters throughout the community.
• Social media – make routine posts to various platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to promote events, outreach and past performers including posting announcements/photos/video promotion of events and outreach, upload highlights and past performer videos to YouTube, coordinate with contractors and volunteers for video and photo content.
• Emails/Constant Contact – create and send routine email campaigns for standard event promotion.
• At least 3 years of professional development experience that includes leadership and development of sponsorship programs for a nonprofit organization with successful results.
• Nonprofit grant management experience including sourcing and submitting applications.
• Ability to execute a strategic development plan and when necessary turn broad goals into meaningful, actionable tasks.
• Working knowledge of Donor Perfect or equivalent CRM.
• Ability to think critically, make informed recommendations for process improvements.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills for stewarding audience, volunteer and donor relationships.
• High energy, highly detail-oriented, proactive with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Team player who will be a collegial partner to all stakeholders including the Executive Director, Board, contractors and external stakeholders.
• Social media proficiency including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and Spotify.
• Computer proficiency including word processing, spreadsheets, database and cloud storage applications.
• A love for live music and desire to enhance Charlotte’s community through music.
• Driver’s license and means of transportation.
• Physical ability to lift 25 lbs without assistance.
Email resume and a cover letter to Jane Ballard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make the email subject line the position title, “Development Manager”. No phone calls please.