Membership Sales Director
Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Member Engagement and the Regional Membership Sales Director, the Membership Sales Director is responsible for the implementation of ongoing membership strategies and activities both internal and external. The position provides direction, measurement and accountability to branch membership sales and household growth. Responsibilities include, achieving sales targets by monitoring KPI’s, prospect follow up, booking appointments, giving tours and selling memberships according to the Y’s sales guidelines. This position will implement the Mission and Vision of the YMCA of Greater Charlotte in the areas of sales and prospect engagement.
• Meet annual budgeted targets for new member acquisition for designated Y and guide the branch.
• Develop membership acquisition tactics to ensure achievement of branch goals including campaign initiatives, sales initiatives and some corporate partner cultivation and management (annual, quarterly and monthly).
• Provide leadership to branch sales staff in the development of monthly tactics plan.
• Track and report productivity including prospect work, membership inquiries (by telephone and in person), appointments for tours and closing ratios for designated branch and region/community.
• Be part of a team that implements membership sales director and staff training programs focused on core membership functions such as: lead generation, prospect management, customer service, campaign implementation and new director orientation.
• Be part of a team that creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
• Provide support to recruitment, training, development and evaluation of membership sales staff, ensuring staff members are qualified and positioned to deliver a high level of engagement toward acquisition and program conversion.
• Ensure that the prospective member experience is based on hospitality, by establishing systems and monitoring adherence to membership policies, procedures, standards and best practices for designated branch and region/community.
• Implement a monthly sales traffic report identifying family center and sales staff success for branch.
• Provide leadership through established performance goals and standards, regular assessment of staff performance and staff meetings for designated branch.
• Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
• Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
• Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations.
• Listens for understanding and meaning, speaks and writes effectively.
• Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
• Makes sound judgments and transfers learning from one situation to another.
• Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
• Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings.
• Follows budgeting policies and procedures and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
• Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
• Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
• Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process.
• Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships.
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well, uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of marketing, business administration, communications, public relations or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Minimum 2-4 years of experience in marketing, direct sales or customer service essential with proven results in revenue growth.
• Minimum 2-4 years of management experience in community relations, strategic planning, project management and staff selection and training.
• Demonstrated ability to train, mentor and develop staff to create a sales oriented team and deliver exceptional customer service.
• Experience with a focus on new member acquisition, prospecting, marketing, analytics and customer service.
• Knowledge and experience in the fitness industry.
• YMCA experience in membership or operations strongly desired.
• Be self-directed and able to work effectively and independently with little supervision.
• Possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively and professionally with diverse populations and all levels of management, employees, volunteers and members.
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as critical thinking ability.
• Sit for extended periods of time.
• Push, pull and lift up to 30 lbs.
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to communicate in English, written and oral.
$17.00-$19.86 per hour.