AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We strive to provide comprehensive, quality and an affordable suite benefits. Our employees are eligible for Medical, Vision, Dental, Short Term Disability and 401K and other benefits.
Who our client is:
• Extremely high growth company located in the beautiful SouthPark area of Charlotte.
• Global presence in the wholesale insurance industry with 70 locations across 17 countries.
• New progressive leadership.
What this company has to offer:
• A new structuring of the IT Department has offered expansion and growth opportunity.
• Application Development team is working on new dev with cutting edge technologies like Angular, MVC5 and TFS 2015.
• Room for upward mobility within the organization.
• Great work life balance and energetic team oriented office environment. Collaboration is key.
The role you will play:
• Provides guidance and design around the creation of technology solutions, working collaboratively and independently as required by the effort.
• Understands and helps to develop the domain model used as the foundation for service and data efforts.
• Assists with technology roadmaps that balance strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial issues.
• Assists with technology planning and recommends new or different technologies that will enhance current systems and support corporate and business goals.
• Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource, routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member or as an individual contributor.
• May influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives.
• Provides technical direction and frameworks to meet business needs.
• Provides expert consultation for major technology initiatives and incidents.
• Provides advice and recommendations around customer requirements and the implementation of those requirements.
• Evaluates emerging technologies against business and IT strategic needs.
• Updates architecture standards and guidelines.
• Reviews the feasibility of new and existing IT projects and helps to create solutions to implement these projects.
• Guides and influences leadership, technology team members and business colleagues.
• Collaborates with engineering, development and product teams to understand and develop technology solutions.
• Engages in high severity production incidents and problem tickets in support of redesign requirements.
• Provides feedback to product teams as to the catalog of standard products and business requirements for changes.
Skills and expertise:
• Background and expertise in .Net development (especially C# and WebAPI development), Microsoft data platforms (especially SQL Server and SSIS) and the creation of solutions using Microsoft technologies.
• Familiarity with Angular.js based software development.
• Familiarity and comfort with Azure-based software development practices (service offerings, hosting options, etc).
• Strong understanding of object-oriented, component-oriented and service-oriented design methodologies and practices.
• Must be deadline oriented, delivery and execution capable, able to identify risks and quickly resolve issues and, influence outcomes across multiple organizations, platforms and stakeholders.
• Strong communication skills and ability to influence decision makers. Must be able to work independently in addition to working in teams.
• Broad range of experience with knowledge of different software development methodologies, tools and techniques – particularly Agile-based approaches.
• Able to think abstractly and reduce complex issues and/or solutions to simplified, actionable tasks. Able to influence and drive outcomes, working at all levels of engagement – from stakeholder influence and early concept phases to detailed technical delivery and oversight in design and implementation phases.
• Able to develop thought leadership relationships with technology and business partners.
• Experience with systems functional analysis, technology business analysis and a strong understanding of a variety of different technical platforms, databases, application frameworks and related technologies.
• Proven track record in working alone and within a team and across silos to develop solutions. Experience in the design, development and roll out of both project-level and enterprise level architecture programs.