Part-Time Marketing Coordinator
Jazz Arts Initiative (JAI) is a Charlotte-based nonprofit arts organization committed to connecting community and developing an audience for jazz through quality education, performance and musician support. Established in 2009 by co-founders Lonnie and Ocie Davis, JAI strives to serve as a catalyst for cultural enrichment and music education that brings creative inspiration to the lives of people in the Charlotte region.
Since its founding, JAI has grown considerably to include 2 primary programmatic offerings: the Jazz Room @ The Stage Door Theatre and a Jazz Academy comprised of youth workshops and ensembles, camps and outreach to local schools. The Jazz Room is a four-performance, monthly concert offering in uptown Charlotte taking place on Friday and Saturday nights. Earned revenue from the Jazz Room coupled with contributed revenue fuels JAI’s Jazz Academy, which provides jazz music education for thousands of students annually. To learn more about Jazz Arts Initiative please visit www.TheJazzArts.org.
To broaden the reach of the Jazz Arts Initiative, a Part-Time Marketing Coordinator is being sought with the goal of increasing performance and educational patrons. With increased revenue from marketing and development efforts, the organization desires to increase the Marketing Coordinator role over time while further augmenting staffing to support continued programmatic growth.
This is a Part-Time position working 3-4 days per week (or a 20 hours per week) plus monthly Jazz Room shows. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is well organized, creative and experienced in managing a variety of tasks with excellent sales and customer service skills.
The Marketing Coordinator, an important component of our organizational vision, is responsible for helping to develop and implement our marketing strategy. They will report directly to the President and work closely with the Development Manager and associated board committees on audience development and promoting the organization. The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic, believe in the organizational mission and business of Jazz Arts Initiative, have a hospitable spirit and a high level of professionalism under all circumstances. Currently, the Jazz Room performs 4 shows over a single weekend each month, with the occasional signature event, festival and Jazz Arts educational performance event as well. The Marketing Coordinator will be required to work these programs.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with Development Manager to meet organizational goals.
• Create, execute and manage marketing campaigns for JAI programs, execute marketing tactics.
• Develop campaigns focusing on individual programs, musicians and participants.
• Manage the Marketing Calendar for all JAI programs.
• Ensure all campaigns and messaging carry JAI branding and message consistently, delivery fulfills goals and standards of JAI Mission.
• Maintain relationships with promotional and media partners.
• Promote Jazz Room shows in print, radio, online and social media.
• Work with social media intern on communication strategy/activity.
• Oversee development of all print items and website content.
• Manage communication and incentives for patrons.
• Collect survey data, reports on trends of Jazz Room patrons.
• Create and execute JAI Newsletters, correspondence via Constant Contact.
• Significantly grow JAI mailing list.
• Set strategy and measure effectiveness of campaigns by reviewing analytics reports.
• Support new programs at satellite performance locations, use data to build ongoing support.
• Other duties, as appropriate.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing or Public Relations.
• 2+ years work experience in an arts, education and/or business-related field.
• A strong personal commitment to the JAI mission and vision.
• Energetic collaborator skilled in building and facilitating relationships.
• Strong leadership with the ability to develop, implement and manage creative campaigns.
• Excellent organization, inter-personal and communication skills.
• The ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Computer applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop, a plus.
• Experience with Altru CRM and reporting software, a plus.
• Familiarity with the Jazz artform and history (both Classic and Modern), a plus.
Email all inquiries, nominations and applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include a cover letter and CV. Please indicate where you learned of the opportunity. No phone calls please.
JAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Jazz Arts encourages candidates of all groups and communities to apply for this position.