Yardi Support Specialist/Business Analyst
This position will act as business liaison and technology leader to facilitate and manage all aspects of Grubb Properties’ Yardi roadmap. The position requires strong Yardi experience, combined with customer service and business relationship management skills. This position interfaces with Yardi’s technical employees, as well as Grubb Properties’ internal employees. Strong communication and customer service skills are required.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for evaluating, architecting, implementing, training and managing Yardi releases, updates and product additions.
• Collaborate with senior leaders, property management and accounting teams, as well as other business units, to develop and implement all aspects of the Yardi platform.
• Understand business requirements as they relate to the property management and accounting platform (Yardi and third party solutions).
• Partner with internal stakeholders and outside vendors on upgrade and implementation projects, ensuring business requirements are met.
• Train end users and assist with development of Yardi policies and procedures.
• Identify process and system improvements and implement solutions to improve efficiency and internal customer satisfaction.
• Facilitate the design of custom reports and/or tools.
• Work with business units to develop training procedures, documentation and end user support.
• Work with a select group of vendors and manage vendor support and contractual commitments.
• Monitor and troubleshoot software problems and escalate as necessary.
• Coordinate and assist testing and training phases of projects.
• Attend user group and professional development meetings and conferences to actively contribute to the advancement of the platform.
Knowledge and critical skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 3+ years’ experience with Yardi property management and accounting software required.
• Experience managing IT, application or Yardi projects desired.
• Experience with Payscan a plus.
• Background in accounting, real estate or property management preferred.
• Outstanding change management skills.
• Excellent team building skills.
• Ability to translate technical jargon to non-technical employees.
• High work standards.
• Comfortable working independently and with groups in a results-oriented environment.
Physical demands and environmental factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear, climb, balance, stoop and kneel, lift up to 50 lbs, using close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
• Works in an office setting with moderate supervision.
• Analytical and logical thinking and a detail-oriented work ethic is critical.
• Must successfully handle multiple concurrent tasks, frequent interruptions and clear concise communications.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.