Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The Data Architect works under minimal supervision and collaborates with the business and IT stakeholders to develop a detailed understanding of Lowe’s data and how to incorporate that into future state architecture. This individual identifies opportunities and documents the data architecture roadmap for assigned subject areas.
The primary purpose of the Data Architect is to lead development of domain-specific data models in order to drive consistent use of data across application portfolios. They set the direction of data architecture for application portfolios using multiple techniques and viewpoints, such as conceptual/logical/physical data models, data flow diagrams, data entity/business function matrices, etc. They are responsible for documenting the current state of Lowe’s data architecture through collaboration with Data Owners, Architects and Subject Matter Experts. As an integral part of project teams supporting business solution delivery, they work with business and IT teams to assure the adherence to data principles, the adoption of data standards and the alignment to the desired target state. This includes responsibility for providing critical decision support, guidance and recommendations regarding data design deliverables.
• Creates, maintains and communicates current and target state data architecture for data domains within an assigned subject area.
• Oversees, creates and reviews program and project data architectures to frame architectural project work and execution in collaboration with other architects.
• Reviews project deliverables from project technical leads and IT teams to ensure they meet data standards.
• Guides application development teams in the data design of complex solutions and ensures that teams are in alignment with the data architecture principles, standards, strategies and target states.
• Facilitates the transition from high level design and supports the project lifecycle with input from executive leadership where needed.
• Ensures existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise..
• Defines and enforces data architecture standards, procedures, metrics and policies to ensure consistency and adherence to Lowe’s processes.
• Develops data architecture plans and drives the plans to fruition in collaboration with Data Owners, Architects and Solution Teams.
• Develops and maintains current and target state conceptual, logical and physical data architecture models required for business solution delivery.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering or related field.
• 5-8+ years of experience in IT, including 5+ years of experience in IT architecture.
• Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• 2+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization.
• 4+ years of experience architecting, designing and implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability systems.
• 2+ years of experience with modeling techniques (e.g., BPM, UML, ER).
• 2+ years of experience working with Enterprise Architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF or Zachman.
• Master ’ s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering or related field.
• 2+ years of experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior leadership.
• 4+ years of experience leading technical teams with or without direct reports.
• 4+ years of experience with Data Modeling, Process Modeling, UML and other modeling techniques.
• 3+ years of experience in IT within the retail industry.
• 4+ years of experience working as a Data Architect.
• 2+ years of experience in Data Management and Data Governance Processes.
• 2+ years of experience working with MDM Solutions, preferably over Customer and Product Domains.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.