Vice President of Media
Established in 2005 and based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SnapAV is a manufacturer and exclusive source of A/V, CCTV and networking products for professional integrators. An industry leader in the custom install channel, SnapAV helps integrators build their businesses by providing a wide range of high-quality products, easily accessible through an intuitive website and backed by award-winning service and support. With a vast catalogue of today’s most popular brands, SnapAV is the premier choice for custom installers across the globe. In addition to its Charlotte headquarters, SnapAV has operations in California, Texas, Florida, New York and Taipei, with over 250 employees internationally.
At SnapAV we engage customers with curiosity, energize them with passion and execute everything we do with integrity as we create innovative solutions to IMPACT the connected world.
Engage with curiosity
• Teamwork: creates a constructive work environment by contributing ideas, being receptive to other’s ideas and leveraging differences with integrity.
• Communication skills: listens intently and displays curiosity, asking questions that lead to an impactful, collaborative environment.
• Decision making/problem solving: listens to the opinions of others, evaluates problems and proposes constructive solutions.
Energize with passion
• Job knowledge: learns how the business works and builds expertise while leading others to grow their own skills.
• Managing work: sets priorities and determines resource needs to achieve goals efficiently and is accountable for results.
• Develop motivate: inspires by sharing knowledge and motivating others to success through self-development.
Execute with integrity
• Customer focus: is a trusted customer advocate, selflessly meeting all internal and external needs with integrity.
• Action oriented: passionate about the work and the goals of the company, maintaining high levels of productivity and a positive impact.
• Strategic agility: understands the company’s vision, prioritizes their work accordingly and makes knowledgeable decisions.
The Vice President of Media will report to the Chief Product Officer and has oversight of business performance, execution of strategic and tactical initiatives and consulting within the Media division of Product Development. Brands included in this group are Episode Speakers, Autonomic streaming and multi-room audio, Binary media distribution and SunBriteTV. This role includes a balance of strategic collaboration with the company Management and Executive team members, project, personnel and budget management as well as hands-on day-to-day implementation. This role will include leading Product Directors, Senior Product Managers, Product Manager II and Product Manager I. The Vice President of Media must be able to translate business needs into actionable documentation using business case analysis. This position requires a desire to take initiative and lead teams to consensus through excellent entrepreneurial skills.
• Accountable for delivering top line sales and gross margin across the entire Media Product Development team with direct P&L responsibilities.
• Developing growth and strategy for all brands and within all channels.
• Leading the development of pricing plans that maximize gross profit for each product category while having a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape.
• Identify and unite new opportunities for strategic relationships to drive growth within all infrastructure products.
• Strong analytic skills and ability to evaluate alternatives and make compelling recommendations based on solid business case analysis.
• Understanding of marketing positioning from both a financial and product stand point.
• Ability to successfully kick-start new initiatives and to drive complex issues through analysis and resolution.
• Analyze how to optimally execute future product lineup strategy given internal and external limitations such as regulation, production and engineering resources.
• Leading the development of product category road maps to best fit customers’ needs.
• Responsible for quality control over demand plans to insure accuracy.
• Accountable for various methods of increasing unique buying customers.
• Liaison with Product Teams to execute details of existing and new projects.
• Lead semi-annual strategic planning sessions to establish goals and objectives.
• Comprehension of current customers and their needs within various product lines.
• International vendor and supply visits.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or relevant field.
• 7+ years’ experience, category or brand management of a consumer product.
• 5+ years Leadership experience.
• Demonstrated track record of proven business results, including managing a P&L.
• History of ability to think strategically and make decisions based on thorough research and analysis.
• Experience working through others to maximize the impact of a team.
• Experience in building and presenting business cases to senior leadership.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to take projects from inception to completion.
• Proven track record of developing A players that help drive the success of the business.
• Master of Business Administration.
• Electrical Engineering Degree.
• Previous category or brand management within consumer electronics.
• History of managing and growing product centric businesses.
SnapAV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.