Account Executive, Digital Ad Sales
Business Insider Inc. is publisher of Business Insider, Tech Insider, INSIDER and 10 international editions of Business Insider. Business Insider, the largest business news site in the US and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world, was launched in 2007. Business Insider pioneered digital-native business news coverage that is real-time, social and mobile at its core. The site’s desirable audience is the next generation of business leaders. Tech Insider was launched in July 2015 and INSIDER, the company’s first lifestyle brand, launched in 2016. The Business Insider network of sites reaches 100 million unique monthly visitors a month. The company has a paid subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that offers in-depth insight, data and analysis of the digital landscape, from e-commerce and payments to the Internet of Things and fintech. Each year, Business Insider hosts one of the tech industry’s most influential conferences, IGNITION. Business Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. Business Insider is always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team. If you are interested in knowing more, please check out our career page.
Business Insider is hiring an Account Executive in Charlotte to sell digital advertising solutions across all industry verticals. The Account Executive is responsible for achieving revenue targets by prospecting clients, developing and cultivating client relationships and selling integrated digital media solutions on Business Insider, Tech Insider and Insider. The Account Executive will report into the Sales Account Director. They will work together to formulate strategies for attacking territories and accounts, to drive inroads into accounts and to learn best practices to grow the territory.
Success in this role includes closing deals and driving incremental revenue with existing and new accounts, as well as an ability to articulate the Business Insider/Tech Insider/Insider value proposition. The AE will join a collaborative and cohesive team that learns from each other, supports each other and drives team success.
Candidates must be creative thinkers and passionate about storytelling, technology, media and selling. Success will be highly dependent upon the candidate’s willingness to navigate prospective accounts, understand marketing strategies, position Business Insider’s products and ad solutions on their behalf and close deals. As well as creating custom content solutions all candidates must have at least a cursory knowledge of programmatic ad selling.
• Drive early stage opportunities through the sales pipeline.
• Seek out and develop relationships with clients.
• Develop an understanding of clients’ business issues, sell through BI offerings that support clients’ strategic and tactical needs.
• Drive engagement with clients and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
• Communicate effectively in writing, over the phone and in-person with internal and external teams.
• Achieve revenue goals on a quarterly basis.
• Accurately manage and forecast sales pipeline.
• 1-3 years of work experience in digital media and advertising sales.
• Attention to detail.
• Drive, determination, consistency and passion.
• Mastery of typical office software applications.
• College degree.