THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The Director of Marketing & Communications reports to the Chief Marketing & Engagement Officer
and is responsible for the day-to-day execution of United Way of Central Carolinas’ (UWCC) integrated marketing and communication strategy. With an emphasis on communications, this person will work
to bring United Way’s brand to life and engage and influence internal and external audiences in the organization’s mission in a way that drives action.
Major areas of responsibility:
• Assist Chief Marketing & Engagement Officer with development of the organization’s integrated marketing and communications strategy.
• Lead implementation of marketing and communications plans to ensure proposed strategies and programs meet the organization’s stated marketing objectives.
• Manage day-to-day tactical marketing and communication projects.
• Lead the success story testimonial program through the identification and development of stories that highlight United Way’s mission in written, digital and video formats.
• Utilize creative storytelling techniques to tell the United Way story, share key messages and engage and influence stakeholders in a compelling way.
• Develop public relations campaigns/pitches and proactively identify editorial opportunities.
• Regularly write media releases and develop additional materials such as FAQs and key messaging.
• Manage media relationships, maintain media lists and monitor media coverage.
• Manage relationships with freelance designers, copywriters, developers to support creative process.
• Provide support on messaging and positioning to ensure team members and volunteers are aligned.
• Partner with the Digital Engagement Manager to develop and execute social media activities that engage and motivate the community to take action.
• Assist with developing written material for website, social media, blog, print ads, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Exceptional listener with excellent verbal and written communication skills (both creative and AP style).
• Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations with colleagues, corporate partners, donors and volunteers.
• Knowledge of marketing and communications principles, including media and public relations, traditional print communications and digital marketing is essential.
• Knowledge of the nonprofit sector is beneficial.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects.
• Computer proficient in Microsoft Office products. Familiar with databases.
Education and experience:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a professional business environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or Marketing required or similar field.
Physical factors and working conditions:
• Indoor office environment.
• Occasional use of personal vehicle.
• Light lifting of supplies.
• Occasional non-regular hours.