THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
In December 2016, Passport was ranked #1 on Charlotte Business Journal’s Fast 50 list of fastest growing Charlotte companies. Passport is reimagining the transit and parking experience with a suite of SaaS platforms for our clients and mobile applications for end users. Our software platform enables governments to improve operational efficiency for parking and transit operations through smart technology for payments, management and reporting. By leveraging online and mobile services, leaders are able to access rich data that generate insights that drive better revenue, eliminate waste in the system and improve outcomes for citizens.
Passport’s product lines–parking payments, transit payments, enforcement and permit management–collectively serve to deliver dynamic tools for agencies to better connect with their communities. Its services have been adopted by over 20 of the top 50 cities in North America and over 2,000 locations including Chicago, Toronto, Boston, Portland and Miami. Passport’s mission is to reduce operational complexity and deliver intelligent data to improve decision making for its clients.
Passport is backed by a group of investors, including Grotech Ventures, Relevance Capital and MK Capital. For more information, please visit www.passportinc.com.
As the Event Marketing Specialist at Passport you will play a critical role in positioning the Passport brand across national and international events. You are a coordination ninja that is not afraid of a challenge and never misses a deadline. You have a ton of creative ideas and stay on top of the latest trends to make events fun and effective while staying within budget.
Passport is known for constantly pushing the envelop and being the most innovative company at events. We have dressed up as astronauts for a ‘Mars white label app’ booth theme. We brought roulette tables at our booth. And threw a LaLa Land-themed party with live Jazz music. Are you ready to help us win the next award for best exhibitor and make a mark in the transportation industry?
• Create and maintain annual plan for trade shows, events and sponsorships.
• Plan, organize and coordinate Passport’s presence at industry trade shows in the US and internationally to increase visibility of our brand.
• Organize event logistics, sponsorships and pre-/post-event communications to ensure maximum exposure.
• Continuously propose innovative event themes to elevate Passport’s brand.
• Drive client engagement by coordinating Passport’s annual client conference, including marketing of the event to attract attendees, speaker recruitment, venue logistics, awards submissions and communications.
• Help drive leads by identifying and managing regional events and sponsorships.
• Work with the sales team to facilitate lead tracking from events.
• Keep track of expenses as it relates to events and sponsorships.
• Manage Passport’s event vendors.
Who you are:
• You are passionate and enthusiastic about events and people and you thrive in the entire events process (conception through execution).
• You are extremely organized and detail-oriented – you let nothing slip through the cracks.
• You have a constant drive for creativity and innovation, you always come up with cool ideas to drive audience engagement at events.
• You get enjoyment from helping sales team drive more leads through events and sponsorships.
• You crush it at keeping track of expenses and staying within budget.
• You are a master negotiator who will relentlessly find ways to maximize Passport’s budget.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, business or relevant field or relevant experience.
• 2+ years experience organizing large and small scale events.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Proven aptitude for creative thinking and attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with graphic design software and contract negotiation are a plus.
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status or other category or classification protected by applicable law.