THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Lead and manage a team of broadcast and video technology specialists supporting the corporate broadcast department.
• Flawless execution of all live broadcasts and programing, including planning, scheduling and day-of-program execution.
• Management and operations of a suite of HD broadcast studios and broadcast-ready auditoriums in CLT, NY and BOS – all studio and auditorium infrastructure including cameras, routing switchers, video switchers, digital audio consoles, sound reinforcement and all audio/visual distribution equipment.
• Management and operations of video delivery platforms, including a live video content-delivery-network and a cloud-based on-demand video platform.
• Responsible for tight relationship and partnership with GT&O executives and teammates who lead and manage the technical infrastructure in which our delivery is dependent.
• Management of all hardware and software for 10 edit bays across 3 core locations and the digital asset management platform
• Responsible for all capital expenditures including identification, procurement, installation and operations
• Responsible for leading a team of 14 to 16 FTE and about 5 contractors that are a mix of video and broadcast engineers, video encoding specialist and project managers.
• Minimum of 10+ years of related experience.
• Experience with and understanding of AV/broadcast equipment signal flow, both digital and analog, HD and SD.
• Experience with digital video formats, encoding and compression.
• Experience working in a broadcast or video production environment, preferably a live environment, with knowledge of production roles (director, TD, audio, etc).
• Demonstrated understanding of live video transmission: terrestrial, IP and satellite.
• Strong and proven leadership and management skills.
• Ability to build and forge strong working partnerships and relationships.
• Strong communications skills, with the ability to translate complex technical concepts to a broader audience.
• Ability to assess risk and reward as it relates to event or broadcast execution.