Bojangles’ Restaurants, Inc. is a highly differentiated and growing restaurant operator and franchisor dedicated to serving customers high-quality, craveable food made from its Southern recipes. Founded in 1977 in Charlotte, N.C., Bojangles’ serves menu items such as delicious, famous chicken, made-from-scratch buttermilk biscuits, flavorful fixin’s and Legendary Iced Tea®. As of June 25, 2017, Bojangles’ had 740 system-wide restaurants, of which 314 were company-operated and 426 were franchised restaurants, primarily located in the Southeastern United States. For more information, visit www.bojangles.com.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Corporate Counsel. This position will provide day-to-day legal support to our cross-functional business units, including but not limited to supply chain, marketing, analytics, human resources, regulatory and IT. The position requires a highly skilled attorney who will be responsible for assisting on various legal matters.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Draft, review, revise and negotiate various legal documents in various areas of contract and commercial law, including but not limited to distribution/supply chain, IT and software licensing agreements, advertising compliance rules, regulations and agreements, employment matters and EEOC responses
• Handle complex legal matters, analyze legal (and business, where applicable) issues.
• Regulatory matters, including updates to Franchise Disclosure Document, legal review of SBA documents and franchise documents.
• Build relationships with business partners with diplomacy and by providing insightful, timely, pragmatic and proactive counsel with very limited supervision.
• Prepare, initiate, advocate and efficiently present legal points and recommendations to business partners to represent them as legal counsel.
• Effectively manage outside counsel and general litigation.
• Manage portfolio of trademarks (local and international).
• J.D. from an ABA accredited law school.
• Admission in good standing to a State bar (preferably North Carolina).
• 4-6 years of applicable transactional/corporate legal experience.
• Law firm experience required, additional in-house experience preferred. Emphasis on commercial law and technology.
• Working knowledge of data privacy and compliance experience are both preferred.
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to work independently to assess and resolve legal issues.
• Ability to synthesize complex legal concepts and explain them simply and concisely to various levels of management.
Submit resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.