THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
To provide United Way leadership in the local community by developing professional relationships with company representatives in assigned campaign division(s), researching, planning and implementing and measuring effective workplace campaign strategies, effectively promoting United Way programs and services on a year-round basis to maximize contributions and working with volunteer leadership to partner with the company.
Major areas of responsibility:
• Build relationships with company leaders, Employee Campaign Coordinators, donors, non-donors and volunteers.
• Campaign analysis, planning, implementation and evaluation of performance in assigned campaign division.
• Planning and implementation of support activities for assigned accounts.
• Maintain cooperative relationships with regional (county) staff for campaign planning, implementation and evaluation.
• Develop volunteers through cultivation, recruitment, training, motivation and recognition.
• Participate in identifying potential prospective new donor channels.
• Work to ensure that assigned companies’ expectations are met and to develop and maintain a relationship that allows for a deeper and ongoing dialogue. This relationship maintenance should lead to a long-term, growing investment in the community.
• Provide management and leadership to assigned Campaign Associates to assist in conducting effective campaigns within assigned division.
• Track and project final campaign results and close out campaigns by meeting projected numbers.
• Develop and implement a specific team engagement plan to cultivate, engage, educate and inspire donors and non-donors, corporate contacts and community leaders.
• Build relationships with donors, non-donors, corporate contacts and community leaders on a year round basis.
• Develop, recommend and implement campaign strategies.
• Manage the campaign divisions to ensure success.
• Manage information in ANDAR to ensure accuracy.
• Staff and support a team of volunteers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Influencing – Gets others to accept ideas by using sincere convincing arguments, creates a win-win situation.
• Collaboration – Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
• Relationship Building – Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization and externally with the community.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Organizational and planning skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft computer applications.
• Proven success – Accomplishments in development, marketing or sales, running campaigns and securing fundraising or other relevant experience.
• Project Leadership – Experience in planning, leading and managing projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers/board of directors.
• Communications – Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for a particular cause or product. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences.
Education and experience required:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 2+ years successful experience in fundraising and/or sales.