THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Tutor Charlotte Manager is responsible for managing Tutor Charlotte, a joint initiative of Read Charlotte, the United Way of Central Carolinas. Tutor Charlotte is an end-to-end solution to provide literacy and math tutors and reading mentors for children in grades K-3. Tutor Charlotte works closely with Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools, corporate and faith partners and nonprofit agencies to grow and improve the ecosystem of tutoring to meet the growing need in the community.
Tutor Charlotte is being developed in three primary phases. The Tutor Charlotte Manager’s primary responsibility is to shepherd the execution of these Phases and build relationships with schools, corporate and faith communities.
• Work in tandem with the United Way of Central Carolinas and Read Charlotte to manage the Tutor Charlotte Initiative.
• Schedule, coordinate and facilitate monthly Implementation Committee meetings in partnership with Read Charlotte and United Way of Central Carolinas.
• Schedule, coordinate and facilitate quarterly Tutor Charlotte Steering Committee meetings.
• Recruit, develop and support Tutor Charlotte partner schools (principals as well as primary contacts).
o Meet with principals/TC school contacts on a quarterly basis to follow-up on program and respond to any specific challenges.
o Work with the school annually to identify the selected classrooms and other school needs.
o Ensure that the schools offers regular and comprehensive orientation for volunteers.
o Ensure that each classroom is equipped with high-quality books for active reading.
o Coordinate with the school to pair students by reading level.
o Work with the school to offer active reading training on site for families.
o Initiate implementation committees at TC schools.
o Work with the school to make sure all TC Volunteers are cleared by the CMS background check.
• Recruit, develop and support Tutor Charlotte lead partners.
o Create awareness about Tutor Charlotte to the corporate and faith community.
o Recruit lead partners for all Tutor Charlotte schools and classrooms.
o Provide support to the lead partners on their recruitment efforts.
o Meet with lead partners on a quarterly basis to follow-up on program and respond to any specific challenges.
o Help coordinate active reading training for lead partners in partnership with the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library.
o Work with the lead partners to train the classroom coordinators and support them.
• Work closely with the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library to implement active reading training with all Tutor Charlotte partners.
• Manage the Tutor Charlotte website and content.
• Provide thoughtful coordination and integrated support for volunteers in schools leveraging partnerships with CMS, communities in schools, faith partners, corporate partners and others.
• Maintain overall rooster for lead partners, schools and volunteers.
• Provide any overall communications to all partners and volunteers as needed (announcements, newsletters, etc).
• Manage data and analytics of Tutor Charlotte’s volunteers as well as processes.
• Provide support to the fundraising efforts as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, experience and skills required:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Knowledge of project management.
• Work independently and manage multiple tasks with attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with diverse groups.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Flexible team player that thrives in environments and can effectively prioritize and juggle multiple projects.
• Creative and innovative approach to solving challenges, implementing new programs and scaling new initiatives.
• Behave ethically – understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior aligns with the values of the organization.
• Communicate effectively – speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Organize – set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals and track details/data/information/activities.
• Plan – determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans and evaluate the process and results.