7 of our favorite picks for what a $275,000 house budget is buying across the Charlotte region.
- Neighborhood: Charlotte, Uptown — Fourth Ward
- Specs: 2 beds, 2 full baths, 1,138 sq. ft.
- Sale: Condo in Sixth and Pine. Listed at $285,000 in July; dropped to $275,000 in August, under contract in September.
- Item we love: The pretty fireplace with built-ins, airy layout, a park right out back, Teeter across the street.
via Redfin: “Move in with the current layout or renovate for a more open floorplan. Two assigned parking spaces per unit, plus guest spaces. Agent/owner.” Agent: Cox / Savvy + Co
- Neighborhood: Charlotte, Country Club Heights
- Specs: 3 beds, 1.5 baths, 1,239 sq. ft.
- Sale: This 1957 brick ranch is under contract after one month on the market at $275,000.
- Noticed for: Nice sized backyard for being near uptown, cool mix of wood and stone floors, fresh appliances, proximity to Plaza-Midwood shopping and restaurants
via Mahoney/Dickens Michener: “Fully fenced yard with patio. Gleaming hardwoods and fresh paint throughout. New barn doors in bedroom and sun room. New bedroom and bathroom doors and hardware, new toilets and vanities in both baths, new stainless steel appliances, and new flooring in the sun room.”
- Neighborhood: Charlotte, Coventry Woods/North Sharon Amity
- Specs: 3 beds, 3 full baths, 2,600 sq. ft.
- Sale: Under contract in less than two weeks for $275,000.
- Noticed for: Super fun and authentic mid-century details throughout, including all the wood paneling, beamed ceilings and interior brick you could ever want to play around with. At 1.2 acres, lot is especially big for its relative commuting distance uptown. Has 3 full baths instead of the 2 or 2.5 more frequently seen in homes in this square footage range and original construction era (1957).
via Ross/Savvy+Co: “Original details still in place, vaulted beamed ceilings, huge expanse of glass, hardwoods, open flowing spaces, 3 large bedrooms & period baths, plus 3rd bath on lower level w/huge den w/fireplace & exposed brick walls.”
- Location: Rock Hill, SC
- Specs: 4 beds, 2.5 baths, 2,380 sq. ft.
- Sale: Listed in July, under contract in September at $275,000.
- Noticed for: Classic exterior is elegant without any stuffiness. New kitchen, pretty yard, proximity to shopping.
via Wiggam/Coldwell Banker: “New Kitchen including Cabinets, Granite Counters New Appliances New Lighting, New Flooring, New French doors out to the big back deck and yard. Granite 1/2 bath too.”
- Location: Concord, NC
- Specs: 3 beds, 3 full baths, 3,011 sq. ft.
- Listing: Listed at $279,000 in July, dropped to $275,000 in August.
- Noticed for: Central historic Concord location, deep front porch, authentic 1935 Craftsman details, second den with fireplace makes for an appealing hideaway-within-a home.
via Hartsell/RE/MAX: “Huge storage space in basement along with second den/man cave with its own access to back yard.”
- Location: Mooresville
- Specs: 4 beds, 2.5 baths, 2,111 sq. ft.
- Listing: $275,000
- Noticed for: Cozy cottage exterior contrasts nicely with vaulted ceilings inside, open living room and back patio.
via Zevan/Keller Williams: “French doors in breakfast area overlooking yard & trees, and kitchen large enough for entire family. Master bed w/master bath where you can relax in garden tub & the shower is separate.”
- Neighborhood: Charlotte, Steele Creek/Lake Wylie
- Specs: There’s no house on this 6.92-acre property; the $275,000 price is for the land alone.
- Noticed for: A really well-executed “camp”-styled clubhouse and John James Audubon Lodge, and miles of trails. Lots in The Sanctuary typically run from 2 to 13 acres, and the luxury-in-nature community includes a waterfront.
via Arlegui/Keller Williams: “Build your dream home on this great lot close to shopping, daily amenities, Lake Wylie, and interstate I-485 and I-77.”