Housing Studio, an award-winning Charlotte-based multi-family design firm, is seeking an architect or experienced intern architect to be assigned a Project Manager/Architect role leading large scale multi-family housing projects from SD/DD phase or earlier through construction document completion. Housing Studio is based around a relaxed and collaborative culture that allows professionals to engage together in developing exciting projects that strive to elevate the sense of place and community for those that they serve. We value highly the way that working in an open studio environment allows us to share knowledge and experiences in a respectful and fun way.
Our preferred candidate is a talented, ambitious manager and designer that also holds a strong ethos toward dialogue and engagement with team. This person would be comfortable working in an open studio environment engaging with those of different experience levels and experience sets in a collaborative environment designed to strengthen our projects and our team.
At Housing Studio, we do not differentiate between Project Manager and Project Architect as many firms do. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with clients and consultants on scheduling and coordination as well as managing and organizing the construction documents for the project and detailing and drawing as well. Strong design skills are also necessary as this candidate will be involved in the project from early phases onward. Responsibilities will also include supporting our CA staff during construction with design decisions and occasional site visits as well as supporting other project teams as a team member when required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience required.
• Experience with managing complex projects required.
• Experience with wood frame construction preferred.
• Experience with multi-family housing preferred.
• Architectural License is preferred, engagement on path to licensure required.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with owners, contractors and internal staff using a problem solving approach.
• REVIT proficiency is required and AutoCAD literacy is preferred.
• Strength in design is highly preferred.
• Resumes that do not conform to the minimum requirements will not be considered.
Send resumes and portfolio samples to Barbara Rayfield at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls will not be accepted.