THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Passport is reimagining the transit and parking experience with a suite of SaaS platforms for our clients and mobile applications for end users. Passport’s software platform enables governments to improve operational efficiency for parking and transit operations through smart technology for payments, management, and reporting. By leveraging online and mobile services, leaders are able to access rich data that generate insights that drive better revenue, eliminate waste in the system, and improve outcomes for citizens.
Passport’s product lines–parking payments, transit payments, enforcement and permit management–collectively serve to deliver dynamic tools for agencies to better connect with their communities. Its services have been adopted by over 20 of the top 50 cities in North America and over 2,000 locations including Chicago, Toronto, Boston, Portland, and Miami. Passport’s mission is to reduce operational complexity and deliver intelligent data to improve decision making for its clients.
As a Marketing Communication Manager at Passport, you will own the public relations, social media, content and events strategies for a dynamic and growing business. You are a master storyteller that can create appealing messaging from complex issues and you are not afraid to explore new ideas and technologies. You have a constant drive to learn new things and you strive to become a thought leader in your area of expertise. The MarCom role will play a crucial role to help us position our brand as a leader and disruptor in the industry.
Who you are:
You are detail-oriented, organized and nothing slips through the cracks when you are involved. You have an amazing ability to juggle different projects and prioritize constantly. Measuring results drives you to constantly improve your strategies and look for better ways to do things. Above all, you have a passion for writing and developing the right messaging to communicate a brand’s value proposition in the most effective way. You take ownership of key deliverables and consistently try to ensure deliverables are simple and scalable. As someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to improve the overall practice of marketing communication at Passport.
Public, media relations and social media
• Build a communication powerhouse within Passport that engages internal and external audiences (clients, prospects, employees, the media etc.) with strong messaging.
• Manage the press release creation and distribution for client launches and Passport announcements.
• Look for ways to regularly expand Passport’s press distribution network, develop relationships with key publications to ensure prominent placement of Passport’s content.
• Own the awards and recognitions process, find ongoing opportunities to submit Passport for industry awards and effectively communicate recognitions.
• Develop and implement Passport’s social media strategy, manage our social media channels and identify opportunities to grow our audience and engage our base.
• Develop Passport’s content strategy to strategically position our brand as a thought leader, maintain a content calendar and produce lead-generating, engaging content.
• Research the marketplace for industry trends to incorporate into the content strategy.
• Manage writers and creative resources to produce effective content.
• Own the end-to-end process of industry events and trade shows.
• Come up with creative concepts to engage trade show attendees to drive leads for the sales team.
• Identify industry event opportunities that the sales team can leverage to network.
• Measure and report on the effectiveness of marketing communication programs (e.g. PR, events, content etc).
• Establish an effective marketing communication tech stack to drive effectiveness to the MarCom program, manage tools that help Passport scale.
• Develop and document PR and social media processes to protect the business from risk.
• Partner and collaborate internally with key stakeholders to ensure strong content creation.
• Willingness to travel up to 10%.
• 5+ years of experience in marketing communication, PR or similar roles in fast-paced environments.
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on communication, marketing or journalism.
• Data-driven, with a constant curiosity to identify better, more efficient ways to target the right audiences.
• Strong communication skills, including writing and presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts into easy-to-understand messaging.
• Stellar public speaking and storytelling skills.
• Proven experience interacting and developing relationships with influencers in the media.
• Strategic mindset.
• Communicates effectively.
• Plans and aligns.
• Drives results.
• Situational adaptability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status or other category or classification protected by applicable law.