Front End Web Developer
The Front End Web Developer will join Carolinas HealthCare System at a very exciting time, as we focus on growing our digital and omni-channel effectiveness. You’ll have a direct impact on our customer experience by helping design and build functional user interfaces. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment and have excellent project management skills. Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly is essential.
• Lead the creation of sitemaps and wireframes for component-based page development while adhering to accessibility standards (WAI-ARIA).
• Develop web pages utilizing responsive design techniques to support company-wide initiatives.
• Develop new user-facing features as well as modify current features to increase functionality, to provide optimal customer experiences in all interactions.
• Ability to prototype new digital functionality by leveraging design skills and web usability.
• Partner with internal and external designers to ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
• Partner with marketing analytics and digital marketing managers to analyze usage data and traffic patterns to inform design decisions and page optimizations.
• Optimize website for maximum speed and scalability.
• Help train internal users how to use the enterprise-level content management system to make updates to the website.
• Provide SEO support and technical implementation, including using structured data elements, to improve the rankings and visibility of the Carolinas HealthCare System website.
• Helps enforce the organization’s brand identity and adheres to brand guidelines when creating digital websites and assets.
• Ability to effectively present information as needed to department staff and other employees in a formal setting.
• Continually demonstrates a team player attitude and a positive approach to maintain collaboration across all work units within the department.
• Represent team and Carolinas HealthCare System in a professional manner at internal and external functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public relations, communications, journalism or business required.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years experience required.
• Previous experience in front end web development. Healthcare experience preferred.
• Must be able to work quickly under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
• Excellent written and verbal skills required.
• Ability to set clear goals and execute projects from start to finish.
Works primarily in office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work. Position requires walking around campus and/or other facilities. Must be able to drive and have access/use of a personal vehicle. Requires reading materials, speaking clearly on the telephone and operating computer keyboard. Occasional lifting of documents or supplies.