The Marketing Supervisor is a leader of people first, not projects. S/he is a leader who balances the needs of the client with the needs of the agency and is held accountable for quality work, client budgets and account profitability.
The Marketing Supervisor possesses a thorough knowledge of the dynamics and workings of the client’s business, personnel and the competitive landscape, and inspires client trust through anticipating the needs of the client. S/he leads the development of strategic marketing plans for their clients, seeking alternative perspectives and approaches in developing effective marketing strategies. The Marketing Supervisor leads the account team(s) to successfully implement projects within the agency on behalf of the client including creative, media, public relations, interactive/digital and traffic/production.
The Marketing Supervisor demonstrates leadership within the agency and promotes a positive work environment by demonstrating personal accountability for attitude, confidentiality and professional maturity to become a driving force behind positive outcomes.
This job description does not, nor is it intended to, represent an exhaustive listing of all duties, tasks or responsibilities for the position listed.
• Effectively plans and organizes the work for the agency team, handling multiple projects efficiently, effectively and productively.
• Sets and manages client expectations.
• Demonstrate confidence and authority as the day-to-day voice of the agency team.
• Evaluates the input and ideas of creative, media and research relative to strategy.
• Advocates the client’s business internally and keeps the agency team informed, focused and enthused about their business.
• Worked integrally with other agency departments to author effective strategies, briefings and work.
• Provide effective and efficient oversight of agency resources to insure projects are delivered as promised in terms of time, budget and results.
• Ensures and takes ownership of overall quality of work on accounts.
• Recognizes and resolves conflict situations, both internally and externally.
• Provide a model for project and agency leadership, prepared and proactive, thorough and accurate.
• Creates and recognizes opportunities to grow client’s business and acts upon them with the help of senior management and appropriate agency resources.
• Actively works to grow and develop skills of junior team members
• Minimum 4-year college degree in marketing, advertising or related field.
• 7+ years account management experience, preferably in an agency environment.
• Working knowledge of a PC and Microsoft Office software.
• Expert relationship building skills.
• Candidate must work well in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment, have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, must have very good attention to detail, and must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.