Manager of Buzz/Public Relations
We’re looking for someone to help us own the AvidXchange voice and help us keep a pulse on our brand through external channels including social media, press, third-party review sites and mentions in publications. We want for this experienced public relations professional to play an integral role in managing our corporate communications function.
• Connect and cultivate relationships with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives.
• Create content regularly to grow the company’s footprint (press releases, corporate announcements and creative content).
• Apply for company awards, craft press releases and create media kits for company events and press conferences.
• Identify and execute on corporate and vertical opportunities for brand awareness through industry publications, etc.
• Collaborate with prominent members of the company, including executives, as well as peers to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership columns.
• Plan, coordinate and execute press conferences and thought leadership events for the company.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
• 3 years of experience in public relations, corporate communications or a related field.
• Experienced with witty puns, timely delivery of snarky comments and general executional excellence with tomfoolery.
• Skilled in creating, editing and promoting written and visual content.
• The ability to work and thrive in an extremely fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
• Ideal candidate will have experience pitching, crafting and placing content externally through guest blogging or op-ed development and experience with event management and sponsorships.