PR Account Manager
Chernoff Newman is hiring an account manager to be a part of our award-winning integrated communications team. We serve clients throughout the Southeast.
• Curious, goal-oriented and willing to learn new things.
• Conscious of deadlines and budgets.
• Organized and self-motivated.
• Willing to find a way to make things happen and communicate well with team members.
• Develop and support public relations plans including goals, objectives, strategies and tactics.
• Work as part of an account team to develop and execute integrated communications strategies, including public relations, grassroots issue campaigns, marketing, digital and social media initiatives.
• Develop meaningful relationships with clients and become recognized as main point of contact.
• Quickly demonstrate understanding of client’s industry including top influencers and competitors.
• Identify client’s short and long-term goals, translating strategic objectives into public relations programs and social media campaigns.
• Create high-quality written materials to support a range of public relations and public affairs needs.
Media relations and social media
• Serve as media point of contact and act as community manager for the client’s social media networks.
• Cultivate strong relationships with media including traditional outlets and bloggers, to secure top placements for clients.
• Respond to media inquiries, develop media lists, pitch stories, identify media opportunities, etc.
• Plan and coordinate media events, managing vendors and overall logistics.
• Create high-quality written materials.
• Develop and maintain consistent messaging on all news media and social media campaigns.
• Share proactive, creative recommendations with account team and client including social media engagement strategies, pitch angles, content ideas, target partnerships and events.
• Plan and execute social media initiatives, driving strategic content and results reporting.
• Manage team resources and budgets to meet client commitments.
• Meet multiple and concurrent deadlines.
• Facilitate and participate in meetings with other agency teams (e.g., design, creative and digital teams) to brainstorm and determine strategic direction, messaging and tactics for client programs.
• Lead by example and train and mentor junior staff.
Desired skills and experience:
• 4-6 years experience in PR and marketing, ideally with agency/account management experience.
• Bachelor degree in public relations, journalism, communications or related field.
• Proven media relations and pitching skills and the ability to manage media outreach on local, regional, national levels.
• Knowledge of Carolinas media a plus.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Experience with executing issue-oriented programs.
• Comprehensive understanding of social media platforms.
• Ability to travel occasionally.
Email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.