Head of Marketing
2ULaundry is on a mission to give people time back to do what matters most in life starting with a new experience and solution to the world’s most hated household chore…laundry.
How is this possible? We merge next generation logistics technology, an innovative cleaning process, and an old-fashioned philosophy dedicated to customer satisfaction. People trust 2ULaundry with their most treasured garments because of our unwavering commitment to the perfect customer experience and our obsessive passion for quality. We’re proud to say 98% of our customers have a washer and dryer in their home. That’s the power of the world-class quality, service and convenience we provide. 2ULaundry is a household brand that more and more people are welcoming into their homes every day.
2ULaundry is growing rapidly since launching in 2016. We have raised $3M in funding, were voted Startup of the Year in 2016, and recently joined the world renown Techstars Accelerator Program in Atlanta, GA. We are a collaborative team of about 35 people across marketing, operations, customer experience, product, data, finance and engineering, with offices in Charlotte, NC and Atlanta, GA.
We’re expanding our team and are looking for a passionate and seasoned leader to join us on this unforgettable journey. As Head of Marketing, you will own 2ULaundry’s marketing strategy and will fuel the growth of our loyal and engaged customer base. If you’re excited by this challenge, and motivated to surpass quantifiable marketing goals, you might be a great fit.
The Head of Marketing will drive strategy and execution to build brand awareness and messaging, plan and optimize marketing spend, run paid marketing channels and drive lifecycle marketing strategies. The role will oversee all efforts around segmenting, targeting, and communicating with customers, with an eye toward building awareness and driving cost effective new customer acquisition. As you can see it’s a role that allows a true marketer to work across all aspects of marketing to help us bring our best service to our customers.
What you’ll do:
Responsible for the the 2ULaundry brand
• Constantly refine and update our customer discovery, segmentation, market positioning and brand.
• Work with company leadership team to refine and manage our brand pack (logo, fonts, usage in media, etc).
• Assist with the development of key metrics for our marketing strategy.
Digital marketing and inbound demand generation
• Develop and execute on paid digital ad campaigns across multiple channels (Google Adwords, Facebook Ads and more).
• Develop and execute brand awareness strategies focusing on unpaid channels through social influencers (Pinterest, Twitter, Yelp, Instagram).
• Develop and execute a content management strategy that keeps us relevant and engaged with our customers.
• Manage and maintain a budget with the goal of lowering overall cost of acquisition.
Drive new customer conversions and increase customer engagement and service use
• Develop and execute email marketing campaigns (educate our customers, new product offerings, discounts, goodwill stories and more).
• Work with Product team to develop customer appreciate events.
Build and manage a best in class marketing team
• Develop strategy for hiring new team members.
• Develop scope, requirements and needs for the varying aspects of the 2ULaundry marketing plan.
• Provide timely feedback and professional development for all new hires to the marketing team.
Be a company ambassador to the public and a leader within our team
• Present a clear vision for your team at company and investor meetings.
• Help us create an fun and inclusive work environment.
• Help us put the customer at the center of everything we do.
What you’ll bring:
• 5+ years in consumer marketing and customer acquisition functions both in-house and at agencies – previous management experience is required.
• Hands-on experience creating and managing dynamic advertising campaigns and growth experiments that drive new customer growth.
• Quantifiable proof of success from previous experience.
• Ability to think strategically and creatively.
• Naturally curious; you’re inspired by the road less traveled and finding creative solutions that others haven’t considered.
• Self-starter who can power through ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
• Strong quantitative skills analyzing performance of marketing programs.
• Ability to manage, motivate and recruit a high performing team.
• Experience with online and offline channels.
• A bottomless well of creative ideas that resonate with our audience.
What you’ll get:
• Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance.
• Open vacation policy. Rest when you need it, rock when you don’t.
• Small, enthusiastic team in high-growth environment.
• Free laundry and dry cleaning.
• Ground floor opportunity with a team building something great.
• The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing an industry.
• Relocation package (if applicable).
If interested in this role, please email your resume to email@example.com (ATTN: Dan D’Aquisto).