Tickets are sold out, but you probably have a buddy who’s got extras to the 99th PGA Championship that kicks off at Quail Hollow Club on Thursday.
Go for the golf, stay for the Bieber watching.
Yes, Justin Bieber was at Quail yesterday with his buddy Bubba Watson. The Charlotte internet melted in excitement. As did I.
I’m sure Erica wasn’t alone with her tweet yesterday, “Justin Bieber is at the PGA Championship in Charlotte. I had tickets to go today and didn’t bc of the rain… I hate myself.”
If you don’t know a guy or your company’s management team was too cheap to buy a chalet, tickets on Stubhub range from $75 to $120 depending on the day you choose to go (face value is $95).
Go to the driving range first. Watching players warm up will make you realize how much you suck at golf compared to these guys.
No, you can’t get in the Quail Hollow Club pool.
Since you’re probably a golf nerd who’s previously attended the Wells Fargo Championship at Quail, check out the three new holes that were built last summer – #1 Par 4 (524 yards), #4 Par 3 (184 yards), #5 Par 4 (449 yards).
OK, now that you’ve seen a few holes and walked around unsuccessfully looking for Jordan Spieth, Justin Bieber and Rickie Fowler, it’s time for a beer.
Most beverage stations, which some overly zealous marketing manager titled “Beverage Oasis,” have the following lineup:
- $11 Large Bud Light, Budweiser, Goose Island, Stella Artois, Shocktop
- $10 Wine, Chardonnay or Cab.
- $9 Regular Sized Bud Light, Budweiser, Michelob Ultra.
- $9 Spiked Seltzer (who orders this?)
Now go walk the back nine and make sure to check out the Par 3 17th. You’ll secretly be rooting for a water ball.
You’ve worked up an appetite. Hit up Queen City Q for some beef brisket, pulled pork BBQ or their barbecue nachos. They’ve got two locations on the course and each of these items will run you about $10.
Or, try one of these fancier options:
- $9 Italian Sausage
- $11 Chopped Chicken Salad – rotisserie chicken, smoked bacon, tomatoes, green onions, garden basil, lemon and bibb lettuce
- $10 Roasted Turkey BLT
- $12 Thai Noodle Shrimp Salad – shrimp, egg noodles, pea pods, carrots, red peppers, basil, asian vinaigrette
- $9 Watermelon Salad – red and yellow watermelon, feta cheese, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, basil, mint